Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Welcome

So talking to my good buddy, Coconut (A.K.A. Gilbert), today and he asked me what I wanted to do in life. A question that over the past year and a half or so has come up so much in my life. All I could say was "I want to be creative." That is all I ever wanted. I used to draw, paint, write and rant. It's what kept me going. Anyone that knows me well knows I love telling stories of my past that make others laugh, think, feel and kind of revolt. Well Coconut suggested I create a blog and just post short stories to get my brain flowing. The problem is while I love talking, I hate people seeing my work. I fear rejection of my ideas, my creations, and my personality. While I can talk shit all day long I worry people my be offended by my way of writing which has been described by a dear friend (Mary Cha), with a hugh smile on her face, as shit, poop, poop, fuck, fuck! To paraphrase her ever so slightly.

Well in the words of Laura in High Fidelity "The professional critic is putting something new into the world." (might be wrong I didn't look it up). So to put in not so many words I created this blog so I can just put up short stories, essays and what not as they come into my brain.

So jump into my head, hear my thoughts and leave comments. Or don't and go fuck yourself for not caring about my feelings you selfish pricks. Thanks! First story should be coming soon hopefully within a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment